By decision of the AUTh Library Supervisory Committee the Central Library’s rare and closed collections are open to the public all day during official library hours.
In the morning (8:00-14:00) the books are delivered by library personnel.
Reading books from the rare and closed collections in the afternoon (14:00-19:30) is permitted only by prior request of specific books.
Interested parties may request:
- up to two (2) items at a time from the rare collections and
- up to three (3) items at a time from the closed collections to be used in the library.
- Readers apply for the books they require (in person, by telephone or e-mail) and must inform Library personnel if they intend to study them during the Central Library’s afternoon opening hours.
- Authorised personnel record the user’s details and the titles of the books.
- Users must sign for receiving and using (in the Library) material from the rare and closed collections.
- Library personnel check the condition of the books when they are returned.